Playoffs – they bring communities together. Whether someone is rooting for a rival or is decked out head-to-toe in a team’s colors, there is a friendly competition amongst all the sports fanatics within a community. A neighbor may fly the Oregon State University Beaver’s flag while another proudly displays their University of Oregon Duck’s welcome mat, but once the annual Civil War game arrives there is hopefully nothing but friendly banter, good company, and delicious food at your Association’s football party.
Being passionate and cheering when your team scores is what the party is all about, but keeping obscenities and overly obnoxious behavior to a minimum is usually appreciated by all. A good rule of thumb is to always make sure there is food on the table and a cup is never empty.
Here are a few food and beverage tips:
- If there are a lot of people present, it’s convenient to have a couple tubs of water, beer, and soda on ice
- Always make sure there’s a greater water to beer ratio so that once the alcohol runs out people will switch to water and be able to get home safely
- For food, try preparing:
- a grand pile of nachos with pico de gallo and guacamole
- tossed Caesar salad or macaroni salad
- loaded potato skins (with bacon and cheddar cheese included!)
- grilled burgers with bacon and gouda cheese
Now go enjoy the game with your friends and neighbors. May the best team win!
Written by Tea Fant, The Management Trust